Orwald - The next generation RSPS
Skip

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2017: An Autopsy
I give a brief autopsy of 2017, discuss what went wrong and reveal what is in store for early 2018.

What started as a good idea for a home location (the island) initially lacked a lot of content planning and ideas. By October, I had completely implemented the home island for what it was worth, stairs, ladders, mining rocks, bank booths, and a marvelously enticing Combat Ring. I suddenly thought "oh, shit". I hadn't even thought ahead to the substance of the server wherein lies quests, minigames, bosses etc, etc. 

For a few weeks, I went through a couple of ideas in my head, with a bit of back and forth. Were these ideas unique? No. Did the content satisfy any players at a sustainable level? Nope. I had writers block. Work got busy, I got distracted, and Orwald lay dormant for about 3 months. This turned out to be a blessing in disguise, however, because through time, I came up with many unique and innovative ideas to populate what had become an exciting home island. I'll be releasing information about these in subsequent news posts, stay tuned!

Thanks, 
Toby

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)